Have you ever wondered if someone is keeping tabs on you? Is it possible to know if my phone being tracked? Spying is more common than one might feel comfortable thinking, especially with the constant evolution that technology is known for.
If you’re suspicious and think that your moves are being watched, there are a few ways to find that out by knowing how to search on your device. We have some tips and suggestions listed below that you’ll want to keep in mind when checking your device’s privacy.
How to Know if My Phone is Peing Tracked? 5 Signs
How exactly can you know if your every move is being recorded or watched? While some technologically advanced apps and software are difficult to trace, a few signs can help verify your suspicions and lead you to a better way of preventing or stopping the spying.
1. Abnormally high data usage
If you have an idea about how much data you typically use, then this method could be all you need to put fact to your suspicions. It is because tracking apps and spy technologies take a lot of data to function correctly, as they are continuously working with a ton of information within the cellphone. They are, however, not irreversible and can be omitted from your cellphone with a hard reset.
2. Odd sounds during calls
Ever hear weird noises while on a phone call? Maybe while you’re speaking, you hear background noises or other voices? If this is your case, your phone may have some spyware installed, giving unauthorized persons access to your phone calls. Sometimes, these noises can present themselves in the form of high-pitched ringing, and if this is suspected, it should prompt you to head straight to your cell phone company.
3. Unexpected text messages
If you get strange, incomprehensible messages often in your inbox, this could be a faulty spy app. These apps have to pass information across the web and need the help of other apps to correctly relay. For this reason, sometimes weird and indecipherable messages may make their way into your inbox, definitely bringing a good reason to have suspicions with it.
4. Decreased battery capacity
The more apps that are on a cellphone, the faster the battery runs out. However, if you’re more of a creature of habit, and changing apps is not your typical behavior, then you may want to get to the bottom of the cause. If your phone is on its last limb or is an older model, then this could be normal. But if the phone is in good condition and otherwise healthy, then you should be on the lookout for strange apps.
5. Battery temperature feels warm
It is not the surest sign, but if combined with other suspicions mentioned above, it may suggest that you have a spy app installed on your device. Overheating may take place due to the overworking of the phone, as the spy software collects information from most apps. If this just started to happen overnight and your cell phone checked out with a clean bill of health after you consulted your provider, you may be being watched.
Spy Apps Short Overview
What exactly are the spy apps that are on the market these days? There are several products, each with their unique features that vary depending on the user’s needs. Among the most popular and most used apps, there are:
- mSpy – an advanced app that can track location, provide access to messages and photos, read emails, and even revel activities like internet browsing history and application use.
- Highster Mobile – also used as a tracker for lost devices, this system can also provide a glimpse into cellphone use including call history and SMS.
- Auto Forward – also a tracker, this device will not provide extra things like message and call history but will pinpoint the location of the target device.
- uMobix – is an application with the most extensive list of features for device tracking. With this application, you can track the target device’s location, calls, text messages, and social media activity.
- FlexiSpy – this is a popular app, especially suitable for parents wanting to keep tabs on their kids. It can be added to devices without a trace to give the most accurate and up to date information on the device in hand.
How to check your iPhone for Spy Programs
Users of Apple products may be at an advantage, as iPhones must be jailbroken before installing spy apps. It is easy to look for, only taking a quick glance at the home screen to see whether such an app is installed. If you notice strange apps on your device that you either don’t remember installing or that seem random, you should open them to take a look at what the app is and if it is actually what it claims to be.
You can remove spyware and anything that was input after your phone was jailbroken simply with the installation of the latest version of iTunes and a quick reset of the phone. Also, it can help to look into what factory apps come with the cell phone originally and browse through those that have been added, searching for suspicious apps.
Can police tap your phone without your knowledge?
Contrary to popular belief, it is illegal to listen to conversations without permission. The only exception would be if there were a court order that permitted to tap the phone making it difficult to do legally. Though some people believe that the police will still listen to conversations illegally, it is not common especially with the possibility to breach the law in the process.
It is also not likely if you’re not involved in illegal activity, leaving you clear if you’re typically under the radar. Rest assured that if the police are after any information that you may be able to provide, they will have to go through a lot of red tape to get it done without your knowledge.
What to do if your phone is tapped?
If you suspect that your phone is being monitored and someone is listening to your conversations, there is a quick and sure way to find out. You can use the device suspected of being tapped and go to the phone dialing screen just like you would when making a call. Then, you’ll need to dial the following number, 101-028-817-709-889-664. Next, listen to what the voice says as it will reveal the status of your phone’s security. If the number that the system gives is a 1 or 2, then the answer to the question of tapping is ‘no.’ However, if you hear 3 or 4, your conversations are being recorded by someone for one reason or another. If this happens, you could reset the hacked device and possibly take it to your provider to find out what the next steps you can take are.
How to tell if your cell phone is monitored by spy software
The knowledge that your cell phone activity is being monitored or watched is scary and comes with many questions and concerns. Though authorities generally need permission to begin listening in legally, new and improved spy apps give others easier ways to access the information on your phone. Luckily, there are a few telling signs that make it obvious whether there is an app or tracking device on your phone.
- Battery Shortage. All of a sudden, if you see that your device is beginning to lose life faster and faster, you may need to start looking for the root cause, not only for the sake of the battery but also for your privacy and security. If you suspect this and have already taken your device to get checked for issues beforehand, you’ll surely want to see whether a suspicious app is installed on your phone.
- Odd Behavior. At the end of the day, a phone is a form of technology, and sometimes technology acts strange. However, if you have noticed something completely out of the ordinary like random movements, shutdowns, or restarts that come unsolicited, then you should start digging a little deeper.
- Random Shutdown. Sometimes this happens, and there is really no reason why. However, if it happens frequently and without any reason or without any pressing of buttons by you, then you may be tracked. It happens more often with spy apps on the phone, especially for the surplus of data that is making its way from one device to another.
- Strange Text Messages. Last but not least, if there are texts that look out of the ordinary and come from senders with strange numbers, this could be an indication for a spy app. Some apps use messaging as a way to pass information from the phone to other devices, as it makes its way from system to system for someone’s use.
Why would someone want to tap a phone?
Are you wondering why anyone would want to keep tabs on your activity? The truth is there are several reasons, some of which you may not have thought of on your own.
The most common reason for spying on cell phone activity is a jealous or suspicious spouse. These days it is easier than ever to have private conversations and send secret messages and pictures. Though it is not the case with every couple, sometimes one partner can get jealous or suspicious, deciding to use the help of an app to reveal the truth.
Sometimes employers will use such apps to make sure that employees are doing their jobs. It is especially common among remote workers, as employers will need to put a lot of trust into their employees to know whether they are doing their work productively and efficiently.
Last but certainly not least, parents commonly install spy and tracking apps on their children’s cellphones to ensure their safety. Not only can these apps help keep tabs on the child’s location at all times, but they will also give parents a look into kids’ online activity. It especially comes in handy with all the social media craze that is typical these days, keeping children safe and sound from predators and kidnappers that could be lurking for their next vulnerable victim.
Each case is different, and each person is different. Though these are the most common reasons, many more other causes for spying may be found, depending on each individual. If you think that your phone is being watched and someone is spying on you, follow the suggestions listed above to clear suspicions and rest assured that your privacy is not at risk.
FAQs about cell phone tracking:
How to block my phone from being tracked?
There are several ways to enhance your privacy and block tracking on your phone:
– Disable location services: Turn off GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth when not needed.
– Keep software up to date: Regularly update your phone’s operating system and apps to benefit from security patches.
– Opt-out of location sharing: Check app settings and disable location permissions.
– Use a VPN: Virtual Private Networks can help mask your IP address and encrypt your internet traffic.
– Remove unnecessary apps: Uninstall apps that may be tracking your location without your consent.
– Use airplane mode: This disables all wireless connections.
Can someone track my location with my phone number?
It is relatively difficult to track a person’s location in real time using a phone number alone. However, third-party services and law enforcement agencies may be able to do so under certain circumstances. You should be aware that your phone number can be used to track your location, so only give it out to people you trust. You can also be tracked by a jealous partner who may use a spy app to do this.
Can someone track my phone if my location is off?
If your location services are turned off, it becomes more difficult for someone to track your phone’s exact location. However, it is important to note that there are other methods attackers can potentially use to track your phone, such as cell triangulation or exploiting software vulnerabilities on your phone. It is advisable to take additional privacy measures to improve your security.
How to know who is tracking my phone?
You can check your loved ones’ phones for signs of installed spy apps, such as Cocospy, uMobix, and mSpy. You can then reveal something that you would not normally tell anyone else in a message, on social media, or in a conversation with someone. If you see a reaction to your action, you will know who is watching you.
Can someone track my phone by texting me?
No, someone cannot track your phone simply by texting you. However, clicking on malicious links or downloading suspicious attachments sent via text could lead to malware installation, which could compromise your phone’s security and allow unauthorized access. It’s crucial to be cautious and avoid interacting with suspicious messages from unknown sources.